Online scams have appeared and developed in parallel with the growth of the internet.
Online scams have appeared and developed in parallel with the growth of the internet. During the two years of the COVID-19 pandemic, online fraud has been on the rise. Before and during the Lunar New Year, scammers tend to be even more active.
To help the online community raise their vigilance and have a full Tet, cybersecurity expert Hieu PC has listed 7 most popular phishing methods today. These methods are not new but are becoming more sophisticated, so users need to be very careful to avoid falling into the trap.
Cybersecurity expert Hieu PC – Ngo Minh Hieu
Here is a list of 7 common scams during Tet according to Hieu PC:
1. Forging websites, fanpages of train, plane, bus companies… to sell fake tickets, targeting the increasing demand for traveling back home to celebrate Tet.
2. Impersonating a law enforcement agency, state agency, or government organization to threaten, intimidate or blackmail in order to appropriate property and personal information.
3. Scam through various types of multi-level investment, binary exchange, virtual currency based on blockchain or projects like gameNFT, gameFi… to drive chickens then discharge and run away, leaving investors crying.
4. Fake e-commerce sites, and big brands to create fake pages to sell fake goods…
5. Fraud appropriating property through winning announcements, selling cheap motorbikes… targeting greed to trick money into deposit, trick to get identity information.
6. Fraud to steal personal information, money, property… via email, brand messages, SMS text messages, or messaging via social networks… and then lure victims into malicious links fake similar to a bank, e-wallet… or build a relationship and then promise to send valuable gifts.
7. Scams take over phone numbers via text message claiming to upgrade to 4G or 5G SIM for free, and then take control of e-wallets, bank accounts, Facebook, Email…
In addition, Hieu PC also advised the online community to beware of other fraudulent methods such as online money lending, recruitment scams (light jobs with high wages), labor export, etc. loss of deposit, loss of personal information…
TipsMake.com hopes that the internet user community will be more and more alert to the scams of those who don’t work but want to eat.
Source link: Hieu PC warns of 7 types of scams you need to be wary of during the 2022 Lunar New Year