Crazy Redd is back and bringing a new excitement to the Animal Crossing New Horizons islands on the Nintendo Switch. With Redd Animal Crossing New Horizons, you will experience the ultimate world of art, but also full of traps. Be careful because fake statues and paintings are very sophisticated, sometimes only with very small details, it is easy to buy wrong. However, do not worry, this article will provide sufficient basis for you to distinguish fake paintings according to your wishes.
Redd Animal Crossing New Horizons character
Who is Crazy Redd?
Redd is an art dealer with shady, longtime will visit your island in a small beach, hidden away (secret beach). This character is the bridge for you to fill the art gallery area of the museum. But you need to be careful to avoid losing money because Redd sells counterfeit goods, with binding conditions when buying.
How do I unlock Redd Animal Crossing New Horizons?
You need to update the game to version 1.2.0, released for free on April 23 to get more Redd characters. Next is to do a few small steps according to the game’s instructions to upgrade and expand the museum, then buy paintings and statues from Redd.
Note that these steps will take place for a few days in a row, so don’t be impatient.
- Visit the museum and talk to Blathers. He will appreciate that you are supporting the cultural development of the island by donating bulk fish, insects, and fossils, and is considering opening a new art gallery if you do. brings a work to get started.
- The next day, Isabelle will announce in her news that a suspicious figure is wandering around the island. That is Redd, you should find this fox and buy the first work at “house price”.
- Bring the painting to Blathers and donate it to a museum. The first painting you buy is always real, and thanks to it, the art gallery is under construction the next day (takes 1 day to upgrade).
- Once the museum has been upgraded, Redd’s boat (Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler) will be anchored on the hidden beach on your island (must use the ladder down), officially commencing the first real deal. You need to talk to Redd first to get on the boat.
- Time after that, Redd’s boat will arrive randomly, not a scheduled date.
What does Redd sell on its boat?
Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler is home to rare artwork and furniture. Redd is happy to sell you anything, although there is a rule that only one piece of art can be purchased every time he visits the island. Even if you cross another island, you can not buy more if you bought it earlier on the same day. If you are not familiar, it is easy to win counterfeit goods.
How to distinguish fake paintings of Animal Crossing New Horizons?
Under the dim, dim lights inside the patchwork boat, the good news is that Redd still allows you to have a close look at the works you are on sale before making a decision to buy or not. You can zoom in on close up, see details to distinguish fake paintings. Not sure about your artistic knowledge, you can refer to this list of differences below. The list is arranged alphabetically in the title of the work that Redd puts himself, in brackets the title, link of the work and the author in real life.
Complete list of paintings Crazy Redd for sale
There are 30 pictures in total to collect in Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
- Academic Painting (Vitruvian Man – Leonardo Da Vinci): The fake has a round stain (coffee cup bottom type) on the top right corner.
- Amazing Painting (The Night Watch – Rembrandt): The picture lost the hat of the man in black standing in the middle of the painting.
- Basic Painting (The Blue Boy – Thomas Gainsborough): The fake adds bangs in front of the boy’s forehead.
- Common Painting (The Gleaners – Jean-François Millet): There is no fake version, feel free to buy.
- Famous Painting (Mona Lisa – Leonardo Da Vinci): A fake drawing of Mona Lisa’s eyebrows is slanted, making her face look worse.
- Flowery Painting (Sunflowers – Vincent van Gogh): There is no fake version, feel free to buy.
- Glowing Painting (The Fighting Temeraire – Joseph Mallord William Turner): There is no fake version, please feel free to buy.
- Graceful Painting (Beauty Looking Back – Hishikawa Moronobu): The picture has an older woman, occupying more area on the whole painting. The real picture is about 1/3 of the top of the picture left blank.
- Jolly Painting (Summer – Giuseppe Arcimboldo): A picture with no flowers sprouting from the character’s chest in the lower right corner.
- Moody Painting (The Sower – Jean-François Millet): There is no fake version, feel free to buy.
- Moving Painting (The Birth of Venus – Sandro Botticelli): The picture erases the bushes behind the right character.
- Mysterious Painting (Isle of the Dead – Arnold Böcklin): There is no fake version, please feel free to buy.
- Nice Painting (Young Flautist – Édouard Manet): There is no fake version, feel free to buy.
- Perfect Painting (Apples and Oranges – Paul Cézanne): There is no fake version, feel free to buy.
- Quaint Painting (The Milkmaid – Johannes Vermeer): The fake has more milk flowing from the bottle, the real one has only a small line of milk.
- Scary Painting (Otani Oniji II – Tōshūsai Sharaku): The fake has comic-style sad eyebrows, in contrast to the angry eyebrows of the real one.
- Scenic Painting (The Hunters in the Snow – Pieter Bruegel): The picture lacks a hunter behind the tree on the left.
- Serene Painting (Lady with an Ermine – Leonardo Da Vinci): The fake is gray / blue fox hair, while the real one is white / cream.
- Sinking Painting (Ophelia – John Everett Millais): There is no fake version, please feel free to buy.
- Solemn Painting (Las Meninas – Diego Velasquez): In the fake, the man standing at the back door points his hand up, while the real one, the arm creates a lower angle (near horizontal).
- Twinkling Painting (The Starry Night – Vincent van Gogh): There is no fake version, feel free to buy.
- Warm Painting (The Clothed Maja – Francisco Goya): There is no fake version, please feel free to buy.
- Wild Painting Left Half (Wind God and Thunder God – Tawaraya Sotatsu): The picture changes the color of Lightning God to green skin, the original color is white.
- Wild Painting Right Half (Wind God and Thunder God – Tawaraya Sotatsu): The picture changes the color of the Phong Thần to white, the original color is green
- Wistful Painting (Girl with a Pearl Earring – Johannes Vermeer): The fake changes a pearl earring into a star earring.
The complete list of Crazy Redd statues for sale
There are 13 statues to collect in Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
- Ancient Statue (Dogū – Unknown): the fake has a pair of antennas on its head.
- Beautiful Statue (Venus de Milo – Unknown): fake statue has added a necklace around the neck.
- Familiar Statue (The Thinker – Auguste Rodin): No fake statues, please rest assured to buy.
- Gallant Statue (David – Michaelangelo): A prosthetic with a book in his right hand.
- Great Statue (King Kamehameha I – Thomas R. Gould): Without fake statues, please rest assured to buy.
- Informative Statue (Rosetta Stone – Unknown): the fake stone is green.
- Motherly Statue (Captoline Wolf – Unknown): fake statue has a mother wolf sticking out its tongue.
- Tremendous Statue (Houmuwu Ding – Unknown): fake has a lid, real one has no lid, left open.
- Valiant Statue (Nike of Samothrace – Unknown): fake statue is symmetrical to the opposite of the real one (fake left leg steps forward).
- Warrior Statue (Terracotta Army – Unknown): fake statue is based on a shovel, real statue does not hold anything.
How many items can I buy with Redd?
Every time a boat arrives on the island, Redd will bring 4 artworks, and you can only choose to buy 1 of them. The actual fake rate will fall into the following cases:
- 10% – 1 fake, 3 real
- 30% – 2 fake, 2 real
- 50% – 3 fake, 1 real
- 10% – 4 fake, 0 real
Once purchased, you won’t be able to buy more art for the day, even if you go to someone else’s island.
Each player on the same Nintendo Switch (same island) can buy 1 piece of art. Besides, Redd also sells 2 more items of furniture, you can buy comfortably, without limitation.
What to do with Redd’s counterfeits?
In fact, as you can see in the distinction, the fake art works are made very dedicated, beautiful and detailed, so many gamers have bought them for display indoors, on the island. Not only that, there are also fake paintings that are said to have “haunted”. Such as Graceful Painting (Beauty Looking Back – Hishikawa Moronobu) has a version of longtime woman who turns her head in the opposite direction, or girl in Wistful Painting (Girl with a Pearl Earring – Johannes Vermeer) sometimes closed his eyes (not all fake paintings have).
Maybe you are interested: Instructions on how to play Animal Crossing New Horizons: Combining tools to support the game easier
Source link: Distinguish Redd’s fake real paintings in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Leave a Reply