With the era of Internet booming today, setting up a firewall is more important than ever. The firewall helps to protect the computer system safely from the intrusion of viruses, hackers, and spyware through the Internet, and at the same time, warns users when there are strange connections to the computer.
But the drawback when you turn on the firewall is that you cannot play some games like League of Legends good DotA. So how to fix this problem? While you love this game very much? Please refer to the article below to know How to turn off the firewall to play games easily.
How to turn off firewall to play games on Windows 10
1. Open Control Panel. You can do this in a number of ways, but the easiest is through the Power User Menu.
2. Select System and Security.
Note: This link is only available if you set it up View by in Category. If you’re viewing the Control Panel applet in the icon viewer, just skip to the next step.
3. Select Windows Firewall.
Note: Depending on how the computer is set up, the firewall feature might be called Windows Defender Firewall.
4. Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on the left hand side of the screen.
Tips: A really quick way to open this screen is to type a command control firewall.cpl that you can execute in Command Prompt or dialog box Tremor.
5. Select the edge icon Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
Tips: You can block only firewalls for private networks, public networks, or both. To disable the firewall for both types of networks, you need to make sure it’s selected Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) both in private and public.
6. Select OK to save changes.
How to turn off Windows 7 firewall to play games
In the framework of this article, we guide you to turn off the firewall on Windows 7, when doing on Windows 8 or Windows 10 you also do the same:
Step 1: Click the button Start in the bottom left corner of the screen, select Control Panel.
Step 2: Window Control Panel appears, drag the mouse down to find the line Windows Firewall.
Step 3: Right then the window Windows Firewall appears, click the card Change Notification Settings column on the left side of the screen.
Step 4: Next at the window Customize settings for each type of network, check the box Turn off Windows Firewall in both items Home or Work (private) network location settings and Public network location settings. Then choose OK to complete the process of turning off firewall to play League of Legends.
Now you can easily connect to servers while playing games. The above are instructions on Windows 7, but on other operating systems, the steps are similar, only slightly different on how to enter the Control Panel.
Video instructions to turn off firewall to play games
How to turn off firewall on Windows Vista
- Choose Control Panel from the menu Start.
- Choose Security in the list.
- Choose Windows Firewall.
- Choose Turn Windows Firewall on or off on the left side of the window.
- Open the tab General and check the box next to Off (not recommended).
- Choose OK to apply changes
How to turn off firewall in Windows XP
- Next Start > Control Panel.
- Choose Network and Internet Connections.
- Choose Network Connections in section or pick a Control Panel icon.
- Right-click or touch and hold the network connection icon, then press Properties.
- Open the tab Advanced > select Settings.
- Select the radio button Off (not recommended).
- Choose OK in this window, okay OK again in the window Properties of the network connection. You can also choose Network Connections.
Note: After you stop playing the game, you should re-enable the firewall to ensure the safety of your system.
Source link: How to turn off the Firewall to play games