Those who love to play online games on PC must be familiar with Discord. This software is like Skype for gamers. It is designed for gamers to communicate. Communicate with each other via private servers, text chat and voice. However, like many other software, Discord also has many problems, including Error of not being able to install Discord on Windows 10
The reason may be due to Windows 10 updates interfering with new programs that users install on the computer. Update files may conflict with internal Discord packages. So, try removing Discord and reinstalling it. Errors can be fixed.
How to fix the Discord installation error on Win 10
Step 1: Remove Discord from your computer
- On the keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Go to the tab Processes, search for any Discord related items.
- Select any Discord related procedure and click End Task.
- Escape Task Manager.
- On the taskbar, click the icon Search.
- Type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Click Uninstall a Program in category Programs.
- Right click Discord and choose Uninstall.
Step 2: Remove leftover files
- Open the dialog box Tremor by pressing Windows + R on the keyboard.
- Import % appdata% go to the Run dialog box and press OK.
- Delete folders % LocalAppData% / Discord and % AppData% / Discord if you see them.
- Restart the computer.
After performing the above steps, you can try to install Discord again.
Additional troubleshooting steps
If you’re still getting the error that you can’t install Discord, try remembering if you’ve updated Windows recently. If so, try removing the most recent update package to prevent it from interfering with Discord.
Steps to be followed:
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Choose Update & Security, and then, in the left pane, press Windows Update.
- Move to the right frame, click View Update History.
- Click Uninstall and Update.
- On the new window find the recent updates you have installed, right-click on them and select Uninstall.
- Once you’ve removed the Windows update package, try to install Discord again.
Update device drivers of the computer system
Sometimes Discord failed to install may be due to a conflict with an old or damaged driver. At this point you will receive a notification Discord Update Failed. Therefore, you need to update devices and system drivers to see them Discord installation error have been overcome or not.
Manually download and install device drivers for the system
To update the driver, use the Device Manager feature built into your computer.
- First, open Device Manager from the menu Start or Run Dialog Box provided by the operating system.
- Now you have to select the desired drivers to update and right click on them to access such options Update Driver.
- To automatically download the updates on the system device driver, open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items -> Devices and Printers.
- Right-clicking on existing system devices in Windows opens up a bunch of options, choosing Device settings from them.
- Now click the option Yes to automatically download and install icons and applications available from the manufacturer, suitable for your PC.
Automatically download and install device drivers for the computer using third-party software
You can update the device drivers of the system effectively after a few clicks with some third-party drivers such as Driver Updater, Driver Manager.
You can see more details at: How to update Driver for Windows 10 computer
Source link: Fixed an issue where Discord could not be installed on Windows 10