Mods in GTA 5 sometimes cause big problems when playing. Here are how to remove GTA 5 and GTA Online mods in any version.
Maybe many players want to install GTA 5 mod or its Online version. However, GTA mods can ruin the game experience and activate Rockstar’s anti-cheat system. Therefore, the article will guide you how to remove GTA 5 and GTA Online mods The easiest.
How to remove mods in GTA 5 and GTA Online
How to remove mods in GTA 5 on Steam
You have two ways to remove all GTA 5 mods on Steam. One is to delete it manually, the other is to uninstall, then re-download the game.
1. Manual way to remove GTA 5 mod
Basically, you just need to enable the feature Verify Integrity of Game Files. This action will verify the game files and delete any files that do not belong to the original installation.
- Restart the computer and open Steam.
- From GTA 5’s gallery page, select Manage > Properties.
- Select tab Local files and click the button Verify integrity of game files…
- Steam will authenticate its game files. This process may take several minutes.
Delete GTA mod file
Then you need to remove the mod files on the Steam folder:
- Right click on GTA V in Steam Client > Properties > Local Files Tab > Browse Local Files.
- Select tab View in File Explorer and show all extensions and hidden or protected files.
- Compare folders and files as below screenshot shown.
- Delete any unselected folders in the snapshot below. This action will remove all mod files added to GTA.
You can re-authenticate Steam later if you accidentally delete an original GTA file. It will be reloaded by Steam.
2. Reload GTA 5
This is the simplest GTA 5 mod removal method. However, you need to download a file that weighs about 8GB. This is really a problem if your Internet is slow or loses connection midway. Follow the steps below to uninstall GTA 5 on Steam:
- Right click on GTA 5, then press Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- You will see a confirmation window before deleting.
- Click the button Delete when ready to uninstall the game.
- Then select GTA 5 installation folder location. It should be like: SteamSteamAppscommonGrand Theft Auto DRAW. Alternatively, you can just right click on GTA in Steam Client > Properties > Local Files Tab > Browse Local Files.
- Delete any remaining files after uninstalling, and then re-download the GTA 5 game.
How to delete all mods in GTA 5 Rockstar
The steps to remove all mods in GTA 5 Rockstar are similar to those on Steam. However, the authentication step will be slightly different.
To verify a game’s file in the Rockstar Games Launcher, perform the following steps:
- Log in to Rockstar Games Launcher and navigate to Settings.
- Choose GTA 5 from the list in My installed games on the left.
- Select Verify Integrity in the file integrity verification section from the options on the right.
- Once completed, you will receive a notification that the game is validated and ready to play in the system tray.
- Now follow the steps to remove GTA 5 mod in part 1. Then download the game again.
How to delete all mods in GTA 5 on Epic Games
To delete GTA 5 mod on Epic Games, you need to manually verify the data and remove the mod files. Here are the step-by-step details:
- Open Epic Games Launcher and log in.
- To authenticate your GTA 5 installation, go to its location in Thư viện and click on the 3-dot icon.
- Click Verify in the drop-down menu. Wait a few minutes for the authentication to complete.
After authentication, follow the instructions to delete GTA 5 mod file on Steam in part 1. Then, re-download this GTA version on Epic.
Above is how to remove GTA 5, GTA Online mods on all platforms. Hope the article is useful to you.
Source link: How to remove mods in GTA 5 and GTA Online