If you want Delete user accounts from PlayStation 4 consoleHere are all the steps you need to take.
You plan to transfer PS4 for someone else to buy PS5? Someone has escaped PlayStation 4 and not playing games on it anymore? Whatever the case, you should delete that user account and related information from the personal console. This ensures only active users on your PS4. Here it is how to delete a PS4 user account from your console.
How to delete a PS4 user account
How to delete a PS4 user account
Deleting a PS4 user account means deleting that user’s saved data, screenshots, and videos. If you’ve backed up your saved game or don’t mind losing it, you can follow the steps below to remove your account from your PS4.
- Open Settings from the main console menu.
- In Settings, scroll down and select Login Settings. This is where you can see all of the PS4 user accounts.
- Choose User Management on the screen.
- Choose Delete User.
- Select the account you want to remove from the list.
- The PS4 will now show a notification that it will delete the user’s data. Choose Delete to continue with the deletion.
Now the account you want to remove from PlayStation 4 will no longer be available.
How to change primary PS4 user account
If you are deleting a primary user account, you may need to set up another account for this location first. Here’s how to change the primary account on PlayStation 4.
Deactivate the current primary PS4 account
First, you need to remove the permissions of the current primary account:
- Open the menu Settings on PS4.
- Choose Account Management. You must be signed in to a PlayStation Network account to use this option.
- Choose Activate as Your Primary PS4 on the next screen.
- Choose Deactivate to switch that account to a regular (not primary) account.
Set primary user account on PS4
- Sign in to the account you want it to be the primary account for your PS4.
- Open the menu Settings.
- Choose Account Management.
- Choose Activate as Your Primary PS4.
- Choose Active.
The current account will now become the primary account for PlayStation 4.
How to delete primary PS4 user account
You can delete the primary PS4 user account, even if you don’t have a replacement account yet. Proceed as follows:
- Next Settings> Login Settings> User Management> Delete User on console.
- Select the primary PS4 account you want to remove.
- PS4 will ask you to start the console. This action erases all data and restores the console to factory settings.
- Wait for the reset to complete.
- You can now add a new account or log in with an existing one on PS4. This account will act as the primary account on your console.
How to delete a PlayStation Network account
What you have done above is to remove the user account from the PS4. Your account will still exist with Sony, and you can sign in to it from any PlayStation console.
If you no longer want to use PlayStation, you can delete your PlayStation Network account. This is different than deleting a PS4 user account.
When deleting a PlayStation Network account:
- You cannot use the account ID to create an account other than PlayStation,
- You can no longer access content purchased with that account.
- You cannot transfer purchased content to another account.
- Refunds will only be issued if you meet PlayStation Store’s cancellation policy.
- You will not be able to access any of the service subscriptions.
- No more PSN wallet access.
- It is not possible to get money back existing in PSN wallet.
To close your PlayStation Network account, you need:
- Login ID (email address)
- ID Online
Now you need to submit a request for account closure to Sony. Unlike other platforms, you don’t have a delete button.
The above is How to delete unwanted PS4 user accounts. Hope the article is useful to you.
Source link: How to delete a PS4 user account